I LOVE BENFICA

Membership Kit

Thursday 28 August 2008

The Football Competition “Liga Sagres” started


The Portuguese league began on the past weekend. Now all Benfica’s fans hope to win the championship.

The Mystic from Benfica begins when we are born. No one can teach us, how to be from SL Benfica, we simply start belonging to this Club.

As a child I grew up, feeling Benfica everywhere I would go. The few Media Portugal had by that time, always gave most justified relevance to our Club. I remember that all the family stayed in front of the Black and White Television watching the Lisbon team playing. Some people, like my Grandfather, preferred to ear the match on the radio.

If my Grandfather was alive, he wouldn’t understand why I am so expectant on, the kick off, of this new season. On Sunday Benfica played in Rio Ave’s field and the result was a draw. Both teams scored one goal. When my Grandpa lived, Benfica had seasons, where we could count by the fingers, of our hands, the number of points that the Club had lost during that same Championship.

Times have changed, nowadays the Club’s Management with the precious collaboration of Rui Costa, invited the Spanish Coach, Quique Flores, to reformulate the team.

A victorious team is being created, and the players will certainly feel the Mystic. That’s the reason why, Grandpa, I have so much faith.

Uefa Europa League

Uefa Europa League

Season 2oo9/1o

Season 2oo9/1o