I LOVE BENFICA

Membership Kit

Wednesday 6 August 2008

Armando Gonçalves Teixeira (25/09/1976) - Petit, the Pitbull


After 6 years the midfielder Petit decided to leave SL Benfica.

The player’s intention was to terminate his career playing on SL Benfica, but the opportunity to play on the German League, Bundesliga representing FC Köln, made him change his mind.

Petit is a fast and strong midfielder that can fit in any team. He is the kind of player who gives everything for his team and never gives up recovering a ball. Enormous contribute on the defensive job.

Petit helped SL Benfica winning the 2005 Portuguese league title.

To the Press he said:

“After 6 years wearing Benfica’s shirt and on a very happy moment of my life, I received an invitation from abroad that I couldn’t refuse. I talked with the Club and demonstrated to them my wish. I thank them for understanding my reasons and for letting me go. On this moment, I have a sensation of joy for my first experience abroad, but on the other side I feel a bit sad for leaving my Club and my team-mates. I would like to thank everybody and leave a message of optimism to the fans. Although I’m leaving Benfica I realize that is being done a very important job here and that in shortly the Club will be again where it belongs.”

Thank you Petit for the way you always gave everything for our team.

Uefa Europa League

Uefa Europa League

Season 2oo9/1o

Season 2oo9/1o